YOU GUYS. THIS PAST WEEK HAS BEEN AMAZING. (I’m eating crow for complaining as per usual. Did we have to miss a few things? Sure. But you can’t see everything and what we did see? SO. GOOD.)
There’s so much to say (I haven’t made any notes yet- aah) but:
-I HAD THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER. If you follow me on any other social media you already know this but- DAWES/TAYLOR DEDICATED “WHEN MY TIME COMES” TO ME. :D I will never be over this moment. Never ever. Ever. More on that night soon.
- We saw Ryan Adams walking down the street all causal like as we were driving into the fest the first day and thus he blessed our festival experience.
- We saw Shovels and Rope, Deer Tick, and Nickel Creek (I got the best photo of them all in the air when they jump during “The Fox”. OMG) front row on the barricade all in a row. I was front row for Band of Horses and then Ryan Adams.
- We walked behind Ed Helms for awhile. Saw Paul Kowert radnomly in the quad (turns out he had been at the fest to play with Aoife O’Donovan.)
- All of the aftershows were rad and we were in the front row for all of them except Milk Carton Kids, which we were second row for.
- We heard so many new Langhorne Slim songs and they’re amazing and we just wanted to download the new album from his brain.
- Discovered some great new acts/got into ones I’d heard of, but never really checked out (The Deslondes! Joe Pug! Andrew Combs! Pokey LaFarge! The Lonesome Trio! John C. Reilly!)
- Saw so many friends and people I know. (shout outs to yorkd loveasasimplesong and jclyn) Saw my fave tour manager Gerry and got a big hug from him.
- Was second row for Conor Oberst and Dawes in Central Park last night!
- Got a lot of great photos the whole fest/at the Dawes show in PA. Love that I can take my nice camera to the festival. Although dang that thing got heavy to lug around. Worth it though.